Monday, August 27, 2007

Moon Eclipse Alert!

Just a quick note from me (while on my lunch break).
Early tomorrow morning, there will be a total lunar eclipse beginning around 03:00 (MDT) in the morning and peaking around 04:00 (MDT) August 28th, 2007. Here is a diagram of the path for Mountain Daylight time zone (where I live). You can also find the links for other time zones -- at the link to the NASA info on the eclipse. From what I gather, the entire eclipse will last about 3 & a half hours, but the "total" part only about 1 & a half hours. It's supposed to be longer than most. I don't remember why -- although I think (if I remember right) it has to do with angle and such. I'm guessing that in the Albuquerque area, it will be finishing just right about sunrise, when the moon will be about to set.

That's interesting to me. . . and kind of balanced. Reason? Because the last lunar eclipse (March 2007) we had, here in the ABQ area, we only got to see the very tail end of it, as the moon was rising that evening. The main part of that eclipse happened before the moon rose here that night! So we were kinda jipped that time! But THIS time, it will be setting as it finishes! Kinda cool! Just the other end of the event, in the opposite season. Of course the last lunar eclipse happened just before vernal equinox and this one happens just before autumnal equinox.
So will I be getting up early that morning? Probably so!

Enough of that! Just wanted to alert you!
Anyway, back to work with me!
Bye for now.
Be well
~Paulena


No comments: