Monday, December 12, 2005

December Flies By...

Wow, December is flying by!!! It's almost half gone and I'm getting behind. Hopefully this week, I'll get a few Christmas cards out. I finally made the 2nd batch of rum balls, & I think they turned out even better this time. I went to a holiday party/luncheon on Sunday. It was great. I got part of my Christmas shopping done... just a little left to go. And I still need to get that wine rack hung up... but I'll need some help with it. The place I'll be hanging it is rather awkward to work in. Great for accessing the glasses and wine, just awkward to get up to the ceiling and work to get it hung-up. Oh well, eventually.

I had my first go at helping with an ARES/RACES simulated emergency communication exercise on amateur radio this past weekend at the city Emergency Operation Center. I learned a lot. But I still have much more to learn. Next one of those simulated emergency tests will be in the Spring.

I just haven't had as much time to write here as I thought I might. I suppose after the holidays, time might ease up a bit. Although then, I'll need to start really working on learning my Morse code so I can get that test out of the way. Next thing you know, it will be time to start the garden again! haha

Enough for now. More later. Happy Holidays, if I don't get a chance to write before then!
~Paulena

No comments: