Monday, February 25, 2008

Migrating Websites...

A month or so ago, I was trying to upload an update to my main website. Unfortunately, it updated all the pages except my index page. As many of you would know, the index page is like the main, up front page you land on when going to a website! So, having the index page not update... is like having old info greeting your visitors! Not the end of the world as we know it... but not great.

So, a couple of weeks ago, a dear friend of mine -- Scott Westerman -- told me about a place and tool called WordPress that is a great place to consolidate one's various webpages!! Scott is a way cool guy whose judgement & expertise I trust. So I went and checked it out and it's pretty cool! I decided that I will begin the process of migrating my blog and main website over to WordPress. My new URL there is http://paulas.wordpress.com/.

So the adventure begins!
~Paulena

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=dvd cover printer 2.0.0.1 (pro) ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you use the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

Kate, law of attraction said...

It's quite hassle to migrate website but it depends on how you process in migrating your blog and main website over to WordPress.

Esther said...

Hi Paula. One of the advantages of using WordPress is the fact that it seems to be effective at pinging Google and getting your pages indexed quickly. Oh yes... I like the moon graphic on your new blog.
Esther, Law of Attraction Books